Director of Sponsorship : The role
To assume the role of Director of Sponsorship with corporate marketing position, responsible for building and leading all phases of a sponsorship program on behalf of NeveFest Limited and it’s events. This involves responsibility for developing and maintaining a marketing plan for the sponsor program in order to meet or exceed the overall business objectives. Responsibilities include recruiting and leading a team doing sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, and sponsor follow-up and support.
- Develop and implement a sponsorship sales plan for increasing revenues in a cost-effective manner. Target objectives include increasing sponsorship sales and creating sponsorship products and licensing deals in order to meet or exceed the overall business objectives.
- Develop and implement an annual trade shows calendar or other skateboard, ski and snowboard events to assist in achieving the business objectives.
- Develop, maintain and implement sponsorship program guidelines to increase sponsorship recruitment, satisfaction, and support.
- Manage all sponsorship activities. Responsible for sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentation, contract revision and servicing, sponsor follow-up and support, trade shows development and representing NeveFest Limited at industry functions.
- Interface with Internet Marketing to create and manage online sponsorship programs to ensure a steady stream of prospects and future sales. Promote NeveFest sponsorship packages across Social Networks and ski/snowboard/skateboard/wakeboard related blogs and forums.
- Submit marketing plans, prospect activity, and forecast reports to the the NeveFest Board of Directors; provide briefings to others as necessary or as requested. Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports directly to the NeveFest Director of Operations. Works with other NeveFest Directors, Sales Managers and Sales Consultant staff.
The ideal Director of Sponsorship candidate has an MBA in marketing or a business field with proven business management experience and a track record for providing results. Strong written and verbal communication skills and strict attention to detail is imperative. Must be able to use good judgment and work independently in a multi-task position within a dynamic, team-based environment with solid time-management and organization skills.
Occasional travel by airplane, train or car in conducting NeveFest business is necessary. Ability to communicate globally by WhatsApp, phone and email with board of directors, customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers, both individually or in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of WhatsApp, the telephone and e-mail for NeveFest communication is essential.
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to a bit of skiing or snowboarding may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common home based office equipment such as PC computer terminals, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems. Able to apply statistical calculations, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and sampling theory as well as algebra, linear equations, and other analytics as required. Able to understand and utilize financial reports and legal documents to conduct business.